- What is an untidy person called?
- What is the meaning of unkempt?
- What is the meaning of afford?
- What is the opposite of untidy?
- What is untidiness?
- What is the mean of messy?
- What is another word for untidy?
- What is the difference between disheveled and unkempt?
- Which sentence uses the word disheveled correctly?
- What’s another word for disheveled?
- What’s another word for scruffy?
- What’s the meaning of higgledy piggledy?
What is an untidy person called?
A person who is lazy and has low standards of cleanliness.
What is the meaning of unkempt?
adjective. not combed: unkempt hair. uncared-for or neglected; disheveled; messy: unkempt clothes; an unkempt lawn.
What is the meaning of afford?
To afford means you have enough money or time for something. If you only have ten dollars on you, you can’t afford to buy a twenty-dollar hat. Afford is a verb that has to do with means. You either have a surplus and therefore can afford something, or else you have a deficit and can’t.
What is the opposite of untidy?
untidy. Antonyms: clean, cleanly, dapper, natty, neat, nice, orderly, prim, spruce, tidy, trim. Synonyms: dirty, disorderly, dowdy, negligent, rough, rude, slouchy, slovenly, soiled, uncared for, unkempt.
What is untidiness?
1. untidiness – the condition of being untidy. disorderliness, disorder – a condition in which things are not in their expected places; “the files are in complete disorder” slovenliness, unkemptness, sloppiness – a lack of order and tidiness; not cared for.
What is the mean of messy?
adjective, mess·i·er, mess·i·est. characterized by a dirty, untidy, or disordered condition: a messy room. causing a mess: a messy recipe; messy work. embarrassing, difficult, or unpleasant: a messy political situation.
What is another word for untidy?
In this page you can discover 37 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for untidy, like: dirty, slovenly, sloppy, frowsy, rumpled, unkempt, disorderly, bedraggled, careless, disarranged and disheveled.
What is the difference between disheveled and unkempt?
Unkempt generally means a person looks as if they don’t habitually take care of their appearance. … Disheveled, on the other hand, usually refers to an unusual appearance for a person.
Which sentence uses the word disheveled correctly?
Examples of disheveled in a Sentence His wrinkled suit gave him a disheveled appearance. They looked dirty and disheveled.
What’s another word for disheveled?
In this page you can discover 32 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for disheveled, like: untidy, unkempt, frowsy, slovenly, uncombed, rumpled, tousled, dirty, disordered, disarranged and disorderly.
What’s another word for scruffy?
What’s the meaning of higgledy piggledy?
: in a confused, disordered, or random manner tiny hovels piled higgledy-piggledy against each other— Edward Behr.